6: Turmeric Solution
Prepare a solution of turmeric powder in lukewarm water and gargle with it several times a day for provision of quick relief from the pain.
7: Valerian Root
It is one of the most used naturally occurring tranquilizers in the world. It has been used since long owing to its numbing and soothing properties that provide quick relief to the patient. It is also known to boost the speed of natural healing process.
8: Lemon and Salt
Lemon is particularly renowned for its richness in Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to be a quick and effective healer of dry socket. Moreover, the combination of lemon and salt is known for its potency as an antiseptic. The antiseptic properties of this mixture helps prevent further infections from exacerbating the condition of patient. This mixture can be applied directly on the affected area. It is also recommended to increase your intake of lemon juice which is rich in both of the aforementioned ingredients and is known be quite effective in combating this ailment.
9: Water (The mighty healer)
As is with the case against almost any ailment, increase in intake of water to keep your body hydrated can revitalize it and provide it with the energy to help you combat this disease. Water helps in providing relief from the dryness and pain which are the consequence of dry socket.
Prevention of Dry Socket
There are several dietary and hygienic habits, the adoption or prevention of which will leave you better placed to avoid this disease altogether. Some of those include:
- Quit smoking. Smoking weakens your gums and leaves it more vulnerable to disease and infections.
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly and give appropriate attention to your oral hygiene.
- Remain well hydrated at all times.
- Avoid straws while drinking any cold drink or juice.
- Do not leave the intake of anti-biotics halfway in between and go through its complete course as recommended by the doctor.
- Keep your head well elevated during sleep
- Do not chew tobacco
- Avoid touching or irritating the affected area with your fingers or other objects. This will only lead to aggravation of an already worse situation
- Take proper rest to provide your body with the energy to combat this condition