Jock itch or tinea cruris is a fungal infection that is caused by fungus trichophyton rubrum. I know that hurts right in the head but treating it with some simple yet effective home remedies is great. It affects both men and women, more common in men, and is commonly found on the buttocks, genital areas, inner thighs and groin.
Quite often, if you are overweight, wear too tight underwear, have a weak immune system or excessive sweating, it leads to jock itch. It looks disgusting, causes severe itching, burning sensation and flaking skin. Much worse, it’s highly contagious which means, you shouldn’t share personal items with others. Even though it isn’t a serious medical condition but it’s embarrassing and uncomfortable.
Home Remedies For Jock Itch
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV has been used in several home remedies and it has different properties that are good for your skin. It can help to get rid of infection by jock itch.
- Take one tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a cup of warm water.
- Now place the solution on the affected area and wash it thoroughly.
- Allow it to dry on its own.
- Do not wash or rinse after it has dried.
- Repeat the process thrive a day until it’s healed.
2. White Vinegar
White vinegar is as amazing as the apple cider vinegar and has great anti-fungal properties that help to kill the bacterial causing the infection.
- Take a cup of white vinegar and add four cups of water to it.
- Now, use a piece of cloth and dip it in the solution.
- Apply the cloth on the affected area and use it to wipe off the bacteria.
- Repeat this process thrive a day daily until the infection is gone.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is a common ingredient used to treat different skin infections. It’s actually effective and can effectively remove the skin bacteria. Moreover, it also helps to lower the inflammation that is caused by jock itch.
- Buy tea tree oil from the market and dip a clean cotton ball in it.
- Now apply the cotton ball directly on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry.
- Repeat it twice a day.