4. Rubbing Alcohol
While this may feel a little pinchy on the jock itch but is really effective. It makes the area dry and kills the fungus and bacterial by inhibiting their growth. Here is what you need to do:
- Buy alcohol with high isopropyl amount. The highest found in market which is also safe is 90%.
- Dip a cotton ball in alcohol and dab it on the affected area. Do not wipe it.
- Allow the alcohol to evaporate on its own.
- Do this twice a day until the infection is completely gone.
While you might be wondering that Listerine is commonly used as a mouth cleaner but it is really effective for killing the bacteria and fungi caused by jock itch.
- Just take Listerine, any would work, and dip a cotton ball in it. Apply ample of it on the cotton ball.
- Finally, apply on the affected area and allow it to dry itself. Do not wash.
- Repeat this thrice a day until the infection is completely gone.