5. Over-The Counter Medicines
Over-the-counter medicines and drugs like ibuprofen or acetaminophen can potentially help to reduce the infection quickly. However, it is recommended to consume them only once a day or before going to bed. Too much might make you an addict whenever the pain occurs.
6. Olive Oil
Olive oil has been long used for the treatment of different ear problems and it can also help to get rid of swimmer’s ear easily.
- Take a few drops of warm olive oil in a dropper and pour it in your ear.
- Its antiseptic properties help to reduce the infection.
- Allow it to sit there for a few minutes before you can start your work.
7. Garlic Oil
Perhaps another great and effective remedy that has also worked for me.
- Grate a few garlic cloves and soak it in olive oil.
- Leave overnight.
- Strain it the next day and heat warm the oil a bit.
- Now add three drops of it in the infected area.