8. Heat Therapy
Sometimes, you just need a simple solution to heal the infection. Heat therapy is one of them and it can potentially help to relieve the pain.
- Take a washcloth and dip it in hot water.
- Now place it against the infected ear for a couple of minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also take a warm water bottle and place it against the infected ear.
9. Breast Milk
Breast milk has also been long used for the treatment of ear infections. Its antibiotic properties help to fight the infection and alleviate swelling and pain.
- Fill a dropper with breast milk.
- Now, pour a few drops in the infected ear.
- Allow it to sit there for a couple of minutes before you can drain it.
- Repeat after every 3 hours.
10. Onion Juice
It’s time to shed some tears and get rid of the infection. Onion juice acts as a very effective disinfectant and provides an instant relief from the pain in a very short time.
- Take a small onion and extract its juice.
- Now, heat it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Take a dropper and pour a couple of drop in the infected ear.
- Let it sit for 5 minutes before you can tile your head and drain it.
11. Holy Basil
Holy Basil is an Ayurvedic remedy and its antibiotic properties fight the infection and provides quick relief from the pain. It’s also great for treating fluid discharge.
- Take 4-5 basil leaves and extract the juice.
- Heat it slightly, just lukewarm.
- Now using a dropper, pour 3 drops of it in the infected ear.
- Let it sit there for a couple of minutes before draining out.